Seniors Social Connections
The Seniors Social Connections group meets weekly to share a light meal, social time, and activities such as a speaker or games.
This group is a support to seniors who may be experiencing health concerns, isolation or depression, and seeks to encourage friendships and connections outside the group meeting times.
Between meetings, members can be telephoned by the facilitator or a program volunteer, if they request a reminder.
Thursdays 1:00 pm—3:00 pm
By donation ($0 to $5)
Inquire to see if you are eligible for a ride.
For more information please contact Sharon at 250.388.7844 Ext. 334
Seniors Social Connections is supported by Victoria Better At Home.
Victoria Better at Home
Victoria Better at Home is facilitated by James Bay Community Project and Capital City Volunteers. Better at Home is funded by the Government of BC, and managed by the United Way of the Lower Mainland. The program offers specific non-medical services to seniors who are:
- 65 years or older
- Residents of the City of Victoria
- Living independently
Victoria Better at Home supports seniors living in their own homes by offering light housekeeping, minor home repairs, non-medical transportation and group friendly visiting at Seniors Social Connections.
- Pre-registration is required
- Light housekeeping, minor home repairs and non-medical drives are provided on an intake basis with a fee-for-service.
- Fees for Victoria Better at Home services are determined on a sliding scale based on the senior’s household income. Some seniors may qualify for 100% subsidy.
- To register or for more information please contact the Outreach Worker at 250-388-7844 ext. 318