Our volunteers work in partnership with Canada Revenue Agency to provide the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program. This program runs from the beginning of March to the end of April annually and is for those who cannot complete their income taxes without assistance. To be eligible: single people must have an income under $30,000, couples an income under $40,000, and single parents must have an an income under $35,000 plus $2,500 for each additional dependent.
Volunteers do not prepare complex returns, such as returns for individuals who:
- have self-employment income;
- have business or rental income and expenses;
- have capital gains or losses;
- have employment expenses;
- file for bankruptcy;
- deceased persons;
- have interest income of more than $1,000.
The next program will run in 2018